Korean Seaweed and Beef Soup
Healthy and wholesome Korean seaweed soup. This dish is very delicious and comforting for a mother after delivery and usually. My first experience having this comforting soup was when my friend brought it over after I had delivered my second child. It was specially made by her mom. I've been a huge fan ever since! It's so simple and wholesome, and you just feel great after eating it. This soup is usually made with seafood or beef. I've never had it with seafood. The beef version is so good that I just always geared towards making it with beef. My husband and 3-year-old also love this soup too. It's great for making a huge pot of for the whole family. We always finish it before it makes it to the freezer, but it definitely stores well, frozen, for later.
- 1 cup Dried seaweed
- 1/2 lbs Beef brisket or chuck
- dash Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- Soak dried seaweed in water for about 15 minutes,. Then, squeeze, drain, and set aside.
- Marinate beef in the salt and pepper and set aside.
- Pre heat pot to medium heat, add vegetable oil, garlic and fry a couple seconds until fragrant. Add and brown the beef.
- Stir in seaweed and fry with the beef for about 1 minute.
- Add in water, soy sauce, chicken powder, and fish sauce. Stir, then cover. Let simmer over medium high heat for about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add the sesame oil. Serve warm. Can be enjoyed with rice.
I like my soups packed with ingredients, especially when eating it as a main course. You can adjust the amount of beef and seaweed used to your liking.
If you’ve tried this recipe, let me know by tagging it on Instagram! @hungryviki