I love pasta and so does my little toddler. This is a quick and simple recipe you can make in less than 30 minutes on days when you just don’t have that much time to spend in the kitchen. One of the best part of this dish is the amazing aroma of the butter and garlic infused together, coating the delicious shrimp and pasta…yum! It has all the ingredients that are always readily available in my pantry and fridge.
Boil the noodles until al dente. Sometimes I boil in a pot and other times I’ll use my fasta pasta. When I lived in Philly, I would use fasta pasta a lot for my cooking, since it cuts down on time, which was great after a busy, tiring day.
While the pasta is boiling, prep everything else…chop the garlic, peel the shrimp, and wash the basil.
Heat up butter, garlic, and a little oil on a skillet. Once you get that nice aroma going, add the shrimp and cook it until it becomes pink. Set aside the shrimp for later. Now add the pasta and basil in with all the seasonings and toss until everything is mixed well. You can turn off the stove at this point and add the shrimp.
You can top this dish off by shredding your favorite cheese and a few cracks of fresh pepper. I usually like adding a little bit of shaved parmesan on top.
Want more easy recipes? Click on this link to see my other Quick & Easy recipes that save time.
Shrimp and Tomato Basil Garlic Pasta
- 1 lbs Shrimp Peeled
- 1 lbs Linguine
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Basil roughly chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package instructions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Add the shrimp and 1/2 of the garlic and cook until shrimp turns pink. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside
- Melt butter in skillet with the rest of the garlic, cook til fragrant. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper. Cook until the tomatoes are softened. Stir in chicken powder and mix evenly.
- Add pasta and basil. Toss until everything is evenly distributed.
- Add in the shrimp and give it another quick toss. Best served right away.
If you’ve tried this recipe, let me know by tagging it on Instagram! @hungryviki