This is a quick and easy lobster bisque recipe that you can make in minutes. The comforting, creamy bisque is perfect for an end of summer and early fall savory treat, just when the weather starts to get a little cooler.
- ½ lbs Lobster meat
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ Onion finely chopped
- ½ tsp Thyme
- ½ tsp Rosemary
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1½ cup Heavy cream
- 1 tbsp Chicken powder
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1½ cup Water
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
Prepare the Lobster
- Take lobster meat out of packaging, lightly rinse, and let dry. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a pot on medium low heat, with salt, garlic, thyme, and rosemary. Let all the yummy herbs and garlic infuse with the butter. Stir for about a minute.
- Before garlic becomes too golden, add in the lobster meat. Toss and coat the lobster meat with the seasoned butter, about a minute (note: the lobster meat I have is precooked. For raw lobster meat, cook until it turns pink and not translucent.)
- Take lobster meat out and set aside, to avoid overcooking.
Making the bisque
- In the same pot, on medium high heat, add in onions and cook until translucent.
- Next, add in tomato paste, chicken powder, garlic power, and water. Mix until well incorporated. Bring broth to a simmer and add in the heavy cream.
- Optional: You can use an immersion blender to make the bisque extra smooth, but it's not necessary. Also optional is mixing 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and 2 tbsp of water, then adding the mixture into the bisque to thicken it more.
- Taste the bisque and add a little more salt if you like it.
- Turn off heat and mix in some of the lobster meat. Reserve some larger pieces to top the soup off, along with black pepper.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.